Thursday, January 3, 2013

Voyage

Salama
Electronics_Paragraph 1-4
Arizona_Paragraphs 5-7
Traveling_Paragraphs 7-10
Arrival 11-14

Raiky
I asked for a Nexus 7 for Christmas yet I did not ask for protection for the seven inch tablet, which I will need in monsoons. Further, the it requires an OTG adapter to read flash drives. I had a lot of trouble find these in stores. So, I rush ordered two cases and two cables. In the meantime, I got a screen protector from Ghost Armor in the Arizona Mills mall in Tempe. What a place that is! Neither case arrived in time. Luckily, and Bill Lundquist, who teaches my mom to paint, and and my parents were looking out for me. Bill brought over a waterproof case. My parents found the case I ordered in REI and they bought a light waterproof slip for 7" tablets, and rendering the one Bill gifted impractical. The cables did arrive, but only one works.

Ro
I asked for flash drives so I could bring lots of anime. I managed to get Escaflowne, Clannad after Story, Darker than Black, Mushishi, and FMA with subtitles. I had to rip Escaflowne. I used DVDshrink 3.2 on the Dell XPS of my father. I could not get subtitles of Gintama to play on the Nexus 7:( I learned that NTFS is for Windows and FAT works on Windows and on Macs too.

Telo
My dad offered to let me take his old Nikon D90. I declined because I think it will get more use in better conditions. I brought the once water logged Lumix of Sam because if it can handle a lake, and then it can handle some typhoons...

EFATSY
My family was very helpful. My dad understands that though I have only four months scheduled, I do not have a return ticket. My sister, Anna, imparted an attitude she developed over her two long trips to Africa: take comfort when possible. She also sent me a picture book and some snacks to help me be at ease. My brother made me a playlist with popular songs to remind me of the culture in the United States. At first I was disappointed with the list because I didn't recognize the song titles. Then I listened. Listening to songs on the radio does not entail knowing their names. There are also some songs he likes on the playlist that give me the impression he has a sophisticated sense of music. My mom and I shopped for camping gear together. She got the medical supplies. The she made sure the necessary items fit in the bag we bought and she made sure it came in under the weight limit. Most importantly, she got me to prepare before the last minute.

DIMY
Rabbits let me get real close while I was feeling the birds the day before I left. The love birds came back the day I left. Ryuu got a new collar and continued to eat my stuff. I think Bela knew I was leaving for a while. She kept looking me in the eyes and she was frequently on the living room couch where I can't resist petting her. For those who don't know Bela, such expenditures of energy for this mountain dog are rare, even during the winter.

ENINA
I was really happy to see the Iron Chef crew the day before I left. They made this trip possible. I am also thankful for the great group of guys I met as Iron Sharpens Iron. I'm still practicing both my kicks and yang style. Sorry I didn't go dancing on your graduation night Ploy! I am really happy I met both Ben and Tom because they thrashed me at pool, and because of they laugh at my jokes. Chi, I look forward to trading stories. I really enjoyed the Christmas Eve dinner we hosted for family friends; thanks for all the good wishes. I apologize to Paul because I did not make time to meet to discuss your trip. I hope to hear from Reed soon. I am impressed by Connor for reading a book whose title I can't pronounce! Keep climbing Garret. Ike and Kelsey seem so mature! Steve was so kind as to give me a crash course in suturing, which I hope not to need, and but am very glad to have had.

FITo
The first leg to NY was painless. The South Africa Airways check in was not open when I got there. They want to me to call US Air to get frequent flier miles for this trip. Terminal four at JFK does not have free wifi...fail.

Valo
I watched Surf's Up and Ted on the flight to Johannesburg. He are spoilers: the former had a good ending because the main guy didn't win the competition. The latter had a bad ending because Ted got reincarnated. A lady near me on the plane told me to eat betong in Cape Town. It's like jerky. There was not a lot of English speaking going on aboard. The flight was 14 hours. Three meals were served. The plane was very smooth. It had 75 rows of seats! Not even half of them were occupied. Aren't there smaller planes that can fly like 6k miles? I need to mention that I love one of the flight attendants. There was no free wifi in the part of the Johannesburg airport I perused. Other than that catastrophe, the place was decked out with electronics, chocolate, perfume, alcohol, and souvenirs...

SIVY
On the flight to Antanarivo, I was served quiche, crackers, and pasta, and a blueberry crumble. I fell asleep after eating and I continued to sleep for over an hour until the flight attendant wanted me to put my stuff away for landing. We dipped through some clouds and I saw Madagascar. You can probably see exactly what I saw on Google Maps so I won't venture into description. Of course, I can't be sure, because I don't have wifi!!!

FOLA
What I smelled while getting off the plane reminded me of Katmandu. I changed some money. A twenty four year old named Noel greeted me. The hotel Azafady told me to visit is full, so I am at a different one. The cables ride is free for some reason. I am shown to a big room with red curtains and told to go downstairs if I need something. A beautiful girl knocks on my my door to get me to fill out a former to register with the police. She gets me some water. The atmosphere reminds me of Phokara but everyone is speaking French to me...

RAIKIBINIFOLO
Well, here I am. When I planned the trip during my first year out of college, I decided to get here in August. But I did not have a plan in time. I went to Wisconsin, where all of the Buchta family save my own take residence. While staying with my uncle Mike and his family, I started moving the plans from my head to travel agencies. I was introduced to Peggy, aka Peggy Farmer. She is a guide to be productivity in less than stellar conditions. This was invaluable to me as I realize that my plan to travel is worth pursuing whether or not it turns out like I dreamed.

ROBINIFOLO
Chez Zoarinoro I spoke a lot of French. I talked with the hostess, Louve (inheritance). She was to become a psychologist. We discuss some sections of the Philosophy of Psychology. I played soccer with Frederic, Ansara, and Aina. Aina and I scraped together two victories. I talked politics with Noel.

Telobinifolo
I had a brief encounter with Evan, a Pioneer hailing from Whitehorse, Canada. In the lobby there was a nice story about Silver Blaze, who escaped an ill fate only to fall into the wrong hands until Sherlock Holmes came to town. With dinner on the last night I had a Panache <>, on whose label there are three horses.

Efatsambinifolo
The flight from Tana to Ft. Dauphin took just over one hour. Matt and Delphine sat two rows ahead of me. They waited until we landed to introduce themselves because I slept for most if the trip. It is quite a bit more humid here than in Tana. We are staying in the Ravinivolo Hotel. I am in a suite. It has a loft with two beds, a crib, a television, and a complimentary of condoms. Matt, Delphine, Evan and I ate at the Cafe Coco across the street from the hotel. I had a barracuda kebab. We walked on the beach and we traversed a backyard to get back to the street. I am in a hotel drinking beef heart juice!!! (corrosol)

No comments:

Post a Comment